Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Morning Niggun" Composed by Yosef


This simple and lively nigun came to me in Eretz Yisrael, after a session of Torah study. It was an expression of the new life that I experienced studying Torah in Eretz Yisrael.

I later began to sing the words of the morning Modeh Ani prayer to this nigun, and I also sing the Shabbos song Yonah Matzoh to this nigun.

This lively nigun reminds me of the following prophecy of comfort:

"Youths may weary and tire; young men may constantly falter, but those whose hope is in Hashem will have renewed strength; they will grow wings like eagles; they will run and not grow tired; they will walk and not grow weary." (Isaiah 40: 30,31)

Shalom,
Yosef Ben Shlomo Hakohen

P.S. The other voice which is softly heard in the background is the voice of my dear friend, Yosef Chaim Goldenberg, a fellow Kohen

-Dixie Yid

(Picture courtesy of travelingeverywhere.biz)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.

No comments: