Thursday, March 20, 2008

Free Shiur by Rav Moshe Weinberger on Ta'anis Esther


I received the following comment on the Purim picture with information on a shiur given by Rav Moshe Weinberger at Cong. Aish Kodesh in Woodmere, NY, this morning, which is available for free, regarding what to daven for on Ta'anis Esther. Whoever left that comment and others similar ones in the past, can you please e-mail me and unmask yourself!?

Rav Weinberger taught a Torah from Sfas Emes zt"l discussing some of the deeper meangings of "La'yehudim haysa orah ve'simcha v'sasson v'yikar." Rebbi also explained that Ta'anis Esther is a most fortuitous time to daven for the downfall of our enemies.

This 15 minute portion of the regular morning Chaburah is available here for free and is called, not surprisingly:

What To Daven For On Ta'anis Esther - HAZZ999920080320

A freilichen Purim


-Dixie Yid

(Picture courtesy of Yitzy Meyer)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean it's OK for you to run a blog anon., but not OK for me to write a comment anon.? :))))

DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

Alright. Alright. Stay anonymous, why don't you. There's a big difference though. When I blog anonymously, that's okay because it's *me* doing it. When you comment anonymously, that's not okay because it's *you* who's doing it.

:-D

-Dixie Yid

Anonymous said...

Not sure I get your logic :)

DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

Don't worry, I'm not sure I get it either.

-Dixie Yid

Anonymous said...

I am the unknown contributor. But I want to remain unknown becuase I have a reputation to protect.

Anonymous said...

No- I am the contributor. Not the last person. I want to remain unknown because- well it is more fun that way.

DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

Ah. A wise guy, eh? You should know that every time you leave a tip about a free shiur that's available, I e-mail a different person who I suspect is the anonymous contributor, and so far, it's always turned out to be incorrect. But soon I will ferret you out! Gut voch and a freilichen Purim Meshulash!

-Dixie Yid