Wednesday, August 8, 2007

All 22 Letters of Alef Beis Are Found in the Mogen Dovid

I don't know where he found it, but my Dad sent me an e-mail showing how all of the 22 letters of the Alef Beis are found in the Mogen Dovid. Another friend of mine showed me how the 10 sefiros are alluded to in the shape of the Mogen Dovid as well. Does anyone know what the basis for all of this is? (The only anomaly in this diagram is that in addition to the main 22 letters of the Alef Beis, they also include only 2 "Ender" letters, Mem and Nun.)





-Dixie Yid

6 comments:

Lori said...

that's pretty cool

Alice said...

Cool!

Anonymous said...

excellent, yasher koach, publicize this!!!

DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

I've serached around google and I can't find a refernce to this. I don't know who put these pictures together or if there's any authority or mesorah behind this phenomena. If anyone out there knows more information, please share!

-Dixie Yid

Neil Harris said...

Very cool. Please thank Dixie Dad!

Anonymous said...

Not exactly an answer to your question, but here's an essay on the shape of the Hebrew letters:
http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/16_creation.html