Jewish Blogmeister has conducted an interview with me, which can now be seen at his site. In response to his questions (which appear below) I talked about such wide-ranging topics as why I became frum, what I've learned from having a Jewish blog, the role of how one dresses, and Chassidus. Here were his questions...
1)Dixie Yid, That's an interesting name are you from the South?
2) I noticed you have a lot of posts concerning hasidic themes as your blogs description, are you Breslov, Hasidic etc.?
3) What turned you on to the J Blogosphere
4) Some of your favorite bloggers are?
5) How long have you been blogging for?
6) What do you enjoy most about Chassidus?
7) What part of Chassidus do you dislike?
8) Tell us about how blogging has impacted your understanding of Judiasm.
9) If you could speak to any past rebbe which one would it be and why?
10) Your favorite sefer and why?
11) I understand you are a BT, originally coming from a Reform background. What and who inspired you to seek out Orthodox Judaism?
12) Do you believe that "you are what you wear" and if so does your colored shirt make you a colorful person?
13) What was the most difficult thing to take on as a religious orthodox Jew?
14) If you could give any advice to a potential BT what would it be?
Click on over to read!
(Picture courtesy of TeachEng.us)
Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.