Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Memo From THE Managing Partner re Billable Hours


From: THE Managing Partner

To: All Associates

Re: Billable Hours

Dear Associates:

It has come to My attention that we have not yet reached full complience with My last memo, issued in 1313 BCE. Therefore, I want to institute a billable hours system, similar to the system used by law firms. I have observed that associates in law firms with an annual billable hour requirement for bonuses and partnership-track-advancement use every second in order to work for their clients so that they can bill the time.

In order to be able to bill enough hours to get their bonuses, law firm associates work on the train, on planes, they think about their client's case on the way to the restroom, they stop going out to lunch and many other innovative ways to maximize their time, and thus, their billable hours.

It stands to reason that if more of My associates would adopt this approach, that spiritual productivity and profits would be up significantly. If everyone took the "billable hours" approach to their service in My firm, it would be a much better place.

So I encourage all of My associates to do Shnayim Mikrah on the train, listen to Daf Yomi in your mp3 player, and the like, mentally review the morning's (or the night's sugya on the way to the bathroom [but not in it!]) and work nights and weekends as well to build up your billables.

I look forward to seeing the results of this new aproach.

-Dixie Yid

(Picture courtesy of futureofthebook)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.

1 comment:

A Simple Jew said...

Brilliant! Very creative.