A friend of mine had a TV in his house that was used during exercise on the treadmill. He didn't like its presence in the house, but he was soon relieved of its intrusion in his house. During a recent lightning storm in his neighborhood, he heard the huge boom of lightning right on the house. He found his wife and kids and they were worried because they smelt smoke. They searched the house. It wasn't until they reached the TV set in his basement that he realized the source of the burning smell. Apparantly, lightning had struck the antaenna on top of his house. The electricity had traveled through the cord to his TV set, and it had fried the internal workings of the machine. There was no other damage in the house. Amazing!
(Picture courtesy of AllPosters.com)