Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Kivinu Kol Ha’Yom" – Yearning All Day Long - Audio Shiur


Have you recently contemplated the phrase we say in davening each day: "Ki Leshuascha Kivinu Kol Ha’Yom"?

Have you thought about the basic meaning of these words: “Because we yearn for Your salvation all day long.”

If so, have you asked yourself about the accuracy and truthfulness of these words as they relate to your own life? Do we truly yearn for Moshiach? Baruch Hashem we do. But “all day long”?! How is this to be understood, davened and lived?

In this sixth shiur on berchas "Es Tzemach Dovid" in Shemoneh Esrei, Reb Yerachmiel analyzes the phrase "Kivinu Kol Ha’Yom" and provides numerous mahalchin in halacha and hashkafa to support the voracity of these words within the context of our own lives.

Click below to get the shiurim by either left clicking on the links to listen right away or right clicking and selecting "Save Target As" to download.

Part 1
Part 2

Picture courtesy of danheller.com. Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox or here to subscribe in Google Reader.

10 comments:

Gandalin said...

Dixie,

Thank you for continuing to post these inspiring lessons.

I have tried to save the entire set in order to review them again.

I am missing a couple of the early shiurim; I don't think you ever posted the first shiur on Avos in a downloadable form, and I seem to be unable to download any of the shiurim that were posted to the e-Snips site.

It looks like I am missing tape 83 (Brachos Avos I), and tapes 90, 104, 126, 128, and 131.

Thank you for your kindness and consideration.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting!!!

Anonymous said...

Gandalin,

Reb Yerachmiel and I are elated about your interest. Please e-mail me your e-mail address (my contact information is on the sidebar) and I will forward the shiurim that Reb Yerachmiel sends me to you by e-mail. Thank you!

-Dixie Yid

Anonymous said...

Todah Rabbah Bishveel Hakelata!!!

Anonymous said...

Please note that even if the volume on the direct listening is faint, the download should be just fine. Great job. Thanks for posting

Gandalin said...

Dixie,

You are extraordinarily kind. I think these shiurim are an extraordinary resource.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to listening. Great summary, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful insights and chiddushim.

Anonymous said...

Meod Matuk. Tzum Kal Lekulchem.

Anonymous said...

Based on all these comments, I decided to have a listen. This was a real gem of a shiur. A belated thank you for providing. Shavua tov