Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Anonymity Level is Going Down a Notch


After speaking with my rebbe, I have decided to downgrade my level of anonymity to MoChassid levels. This means that while I will continue not to have mine or my family's names on the site openly, I am no longer going to be ambiguous about things like my Shul and my rebbe.

I started off anonymous and stayed that way for reasons I explained in this guest posting at A Simple Jew. At that time, Rav Weinberger recommended that I stay anonymous, at least for the time being, in order to see what kind of reaction I was getting. Over the last few months a number of people have figured out on their own who I am. Plus, the blog's been going for well over almost a year and a half now and B"H virtually nothing bad has come from it. To the contrary, several great ruchnius'dikeh (spiritual) opportunities have come to me personally that I wouldn't have had access to but for the blog. I discussed some of these factors with Rav Weinberger and he felt that lowering the strictness of my anonymity would be fine.

You may not see any major changes, but hopefully I will enjoy being able to feel freer about what I write, since I'll no longer have to be concerned about avoiding giving clues as to where I live/who I am. I'll also be able to have less of a sepperation between what I do on Dixie Yid and what I'm doing in "real life," just as A Simple Jew wrote about today.

-Dixie Yid

(Picture courtesy of theage.com.au)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Another "feather in the cap" for Kehillas Aish Kodesh and Rabbi Weinberger! Your Rebbi should be very proud of you!

DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

Thank you very very much for your kind comment thank you!

-Dixie Yid

Anonymous said...

Anyone who was thinking, clearly knew who you Rebbe and shul was. I know I always knew.

DixieYid (يهودي جنوبي) said...

anon 9:46:

Are you the one who like the Oros Hateshuva posts and I had to take down your post naming my rebbe that one time? :-)

At any rate, like I said, a lot of people I know also figured it out on their own as well. :-)

-Dixie Yid

Neil Harris said...

Now I see what I've missed not checking your blog (or anyone else's daily). You should continue to be matzliach!!!