Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Yahoo Groups Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh Progress Discussion Group


I have been thinking that it would be good to have a discussion forum for those people who are working on the derech avodah, method of service of G-d, outlined in the Bilvavi Mishkan Evneh or Da Es Atzmecha seforim. I wrote a little about this method HERE. There are many challenges in daily life to applying the method of the Bilvavi seforim. Therefore, I think it would be beneficial to have a larger forum where people can post observations, questions, or difficulties in applying the derech avodah outlined in the seforim in daily life. Others could offer eitzos or ideas that may have worked for them. A couple of people have also e-mailed me this idea of the last few months.

I set up a Yahoo Groups e-mail discussion group last year some time. And just recently I put up a link to the Bilvavi Yahoo Groups page on the Bilvavi section of my right sidebar. Several people have subscribed because of that link and I sent out a few invitations so there are already around 10 members. And I think it would be good to broaden the group even more so that we can share our insights or challenges and get eitza from others.

Below is a button to click on to apply for membership in the group. Also, I have added a permenant "Join Bilvavi" button on the right sidebar right above the "Bilvavi Links" section. Joining the group does not happen automatically so in the application page, please say a few words about your experience with Bilvavi or why you're interested in joining.

May we merit that nothing that we do should be for its own sake, but may this and everything that we do should be for the sake of becoming closer to the Boreh Yisborach, the Creator.



Click here to join Bilvavi
Click to join Bilvavi



-Dixie Yid

(Picture courtesy of A Simple Jew)

Click here to get Dixie Yid in your e-mail Inbox.